MCAF

They are often haughty and aloof. They have a serious aversion to bathing. They eat disgusting things. They prefer their females unshaven. They are certain of their superiority to the point of arrogance even though they are neutered. But unlike the French, these boys are sweet, lovable fur balls who do not care for Jerry Lewis movies. And they never, ever surrender.


Name: CFOMahm
Home: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States
About Me: Italian/Polish (yes, that does make me both opinionated and dense, but there is definitely good eating at my house!). Fan of bad jokes, crossword puzzle addict, old enough to know better, but still young enough not to care. Known to the Gang of Three as "Mommy Cat - Almighty Keeper of the Can Opener and Mistress of the Front Door".
See my complete profile

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

All I Want For Christmas

Now I know what I want for Christmas! I read in this month's issue of "Family Handyman" that there is now a table saw which has a blade that senses the touch of skin and will stop and retract the blade (within 5 milliseconds) upon accidental contact. Watch what happens when they (try) to run a hotdog through it. Barely a nick. You probably wouldn't even need a bandaid. Absolutely unbelievable the speed with which the blade disappears. So amazing that I had to watch it more than once. The blade and brake assembly have to be replaced after being set off ($70), but way cheaper than the cost of a trip to the ER. I've always wanted a table saw, but was afraid, having been present when my Dad mangled himself (not seriously) with his. Maybe I can get one now. Check out the video here. There is also a slow motion video you can click on at the site. I envision this becoming standard equipment in shop classes very soon. The cabinet model is quite expensive, but the SawStop company is supposed to be coming out with a reasonably priced contractor's model in '06.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home