MCAF

They are often haughty and aloof. They have a serious aversion to bathing. They eat disgusting things. They prefer their females unshaven. They are certain of their superiority to the point of arrogance even though they are neutered. But unlike the French, these boys are sweet, lovable fur balls who do not care for Jerry Lewis movies. And they never, ever surrender.


Name: CFOMahm
Home: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States
About Me: Italian/Polish (yes, that does make me both opinionated and dense, but there is definitely good eating at my house!). Fan of bad jokes, crossword puzzle addict, old enough to know better, but still young enough not to care. Known to the Gang of Three as "Mommy Cat - Almighty Keeper of the Can Opener and Mistress of the Front Door".
See my complete profile

Monday, March 06, 2006

9 1/2 Hours

When I got to work this morning, I only had 3 cigarettes left. I figured I would go get some at the corner gas station on my first break. But then Laura came in and out of the blue said "Well I quit smoking today." Laura's been saying for a couple weeks that she and her friend were gonna quit the first Monday morning in March. Well that did it. I've been wanting to quit, I've been smoking way too much lately - especially when I spend any time at the computer. I'm hackin' and gaggin'. I'm sick of it. The expense, the mess, the having your life revolving around making sure you've got enough when you get home to last til you go back out. If Laura can do it, I should be able to do it. Misery loves company, and we work basically the same hours, so we can give each other moral support, "Atta girl"s and pats on the back. It'll be hard to shake the habit, but I think I can do it with some friendly competition and encouragement. Just got to not have a beer or a glass of wine or anything like that these first couple weeks, 'cause then I may give in to the temptation of "just one". "Just one" will lead to "just one pack", to just one more week (till I quit), etc. I told Laura I will still have those three cigarettes left in the pack when I see her at work tomorrow morning. But if I don't get up and away from this computer desk RIGHT NOW I'm gonna blow it. Gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home