MCAF

They are often haughty and aloof. They have a serious aversion to bathing. They eat disgusting things. They prefer their females unshaven. They are certain of their superiority to the point of arrogance even though they are neutered. But unlike the French, these boys are sweet, lovable fur balls who do not care for Jerry Lewis movies. And they never, ever surrender.


Name: CFOMahm
Home: Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States
About Me: Italian/Polish (yes, that does make me both opinionated and dense, but there is definitely good eating at my house!). Fan of bad jokes, crossword puzzle addict, old enough to know better, but still young enough not to care. Known to the Gang of Three as "Mommy Cat - Almighty Keeper of the Can Opener and Mistress of the Front Door".
See my complete profile

Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Well, I am not Irish, but I do have a couple of half-Irish sons. I put the eldest on a plane to Boston yesterday morning. It will be his third year in a row spending the holiday there. His best friend, who moved to Indianapolis this year, arrived on a later flight. I imagine they are having quite the time by now. The eldest belongs to The Irish-American Society, hopes to join the Gaelic League when he is eligible, and is beginning to study Gaelic. He says his goal is to eventually be Grand Marshall of the St. Patrick's Day parade here. An honorable ambition to my mind. (Although personally I would be just a smidge more thrilled if he took some interest in learning Polish and being president of the Michigan Polka Association.) Best wishes to all the sons & daughters of Ireland on your special day. Thanks for helping to build this great nation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home